Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Winter in New England

For those of you who follow my blog, you may recall a recent post titled "Why I don't travel in December". In that post I explained about the "Snow Gods" and how whenever I travel in December, we end up with a blizzard. Well, it wasn't me this time. It is a friend of mine from Atlanta. He is planning to drive up to spend the holidays with his family in New Hampshire. We were going to hook up at some point after the Holiday weekend and now..here it is..snow! The weatherman says  Cape Cod may end up with over 2 ft before it stops.

Even a holiday attraction, Edaville Railroad in Carver, Ma has closed for the day "Due to the weather".

So far Taunton hasn't gotten too much...just enough to look really pretty but when I went outside the sidewalks were very slippery.

My friends have been checking in off and on all day reporting the roads conditions...not good. They are reporting the roads are slippery and  there are fender benders everywhere.

Since my plans to explore some more Holiday sights and post the pictures here has been side tracked because of the storm, I thought I'd walk around the neighborhood and take pictures of the neighbors' displays. Some are really elaborate but even the neighbors turned off the lights! So no new pictures tonight.

Maybe the snow will be clinging to the trees in the morning and I will be able to show off the neighborhood in  a blanket of white!

Hats off to the Snow Gods..they did it again !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you got the snow not us for a change. However, Christmas is another day. They are now claiming that another storm is on the way and looks like the cape is going to get it again. Works for me. Ok whose tree does this one belong to?? It is cute.

Dusty Roads said...

It's snowing right now and yes I heard the Cape will get hit in this storm too. Guess we'll have a white Christmas. That's my little tree, the one Rocky demolished. I didn't have any pictures for this post so I just used it again.