Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Odds and Ends

Christmas is over and we're having a blizzard. Winds blowing and snow is falling.  After working most of the day and making my way home in the winter madness of slippery roads and crazy drivers, my brain feels like mush.

It seemed everyone was either driving like crazy... 50 -60 mph or crawling at 10-15 mph. Put the 2 together and it is a recipe for disaster. I passed several cars that were off the road. Every time I passed one the car in front of me slowed down to a real crawl. It was probably easier to stop at that speed but it wasn't easier to .keep the car moving plus going that slow let the snow build up on the windshield. I finally got to a spot where I could pass them. Drivers like that should just stay home when it snows! They make hazardous driving conditions really dangerous.

Well, that's my rant for the day. He's a few "left over" images I'd like to share.



Lighthouse Holiday decoratins



Elf on a Trapeze

Rocky

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Rocky looks so regal. What a picture. I do agree with you about drivers in this kind of weather. We, on the other hand, only got about 2 inches of snow. Farther east got the brunt of it.

Dusty Roads said...

Yes he is certainly the "CIC" (cat in charge) LOL. I tried to get pictures of the storm last night but the winds were so strong that the pictures were filled with motion blur. prteyy but not something I'd share.