Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Holiday Blizzard 2010

If I was wondering what to write about today Mother Nature certainly gave me plenty. About 18 inches in some places. They are calling the storm that rolled in last night the Holiday Blizzard of 2010. Nice name. works for me.


The storm seems to be winding down although the weather folks seem to think there are a few more bands of snow to come through. The wind has certainly let up and it’s quite warm out. The snow was the heavy, wet kind. Good for snowballs and snowmen but not for shoveling.

The plow was working on our parking lot but they only managed to plow me in. The driver said he needed 2 empty spaces to be able to plow the parking slots. No sign of the neighbors that have the spots on either side of me so it’s shovel time. One of my other neighbors was really nice. He was digging his car out so he helped me move the snow bank the plow had deposited. I dug out around the car and cleaned off the car itself.


According to the weather report it should clear enough to give us a sunset. That’s what’s missing from a sparkly, winter - wonderland look…the sun. I’m hoping they are right and it comes out in the afternoon. Then maybe I can get some card-worthy shots. Or maybe for a calendar.

Speaking of pictures, I heard about a 365 challenge. Curious I checked it out. Basically the challenge is to take at least one picture every day for 365 consecutive days. You can start anytime but once you start, don’t miss a day. I think I’m going to try that. I take a lot of pictures anyway, just not necessarily every day. Be interesting to see if I can stick to that. I’ll create a “365” folder in Flickr and you can track my progress. I am going to start on New Years day to make it easier to keep track.

Well I think I’ll keep this post short but here are some pictures of the snowfall in my neighborhood of Taunton, Ma.


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, better you than me. Have a good day young lady.

Dusty Roads said...

Thanks. I guess for the first storm of the season, we did rather well. It won't be around long. They say it's going to warm up and are predicting rain for New Year's Day. With our luck, we get a fast freeze after the rain and have to deal with ice LOL...That's New England for you.