Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Cold Night in Taunton, Ma

Well, I packed up my tripod and headed out to the Taunton Green. They did a really nice job with the display this year. It is even better than last year. As you drive down Rt 44 entering the main street of Taunton you get a glimpse of the lights on the green. Then as you continue  along Rt 44 it just kind of explodes into view. The bright green trees of light and the golden lights in the bare tree branches really pop. I am not sure if it was the cold ( and believe me it was cold and windy) or my inexperience with this type of photography, but my pictures just don't capture it. I am going to try again but with my work schedule it looks like it will be Monday before I get a chance to return.

Here's a sample. Lets see if I can get some better pictures next week.
In the meantime...Stay warm :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice sis. I am very surprised that they use the Word Christmas. Heck a lot of places don't allow that kind of word. I personally say, Merry Christmas, hope you have a great one.

Dusty Roads said...

I am going to have to find out about that. Taunton calls itself the Christmas City so it's got a long history. The display also has a manger scene along with Santa and his sleigh, skating rink, penguins, carolers, nutcrackers and lots of lighted trees.