Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

Nativity Scenes at LaSalatte

This being a shrine, it is not surprising that there is a decidedly religious gist to the lights and ornaments.
In keeping with that the Shrine at LaSalette has a wonderful collection of Nativity Scenes and creches from many places around the world. This is a great display to check out when you need a break from the cold. Allow plenty of time because although the space is small, there are so many different examples to see that you don't want to be rushed.

It was quite crowed when I was there so my chance to get pictures was very limited but you can get an idea of the layout. Some of the displays are overflowing and most are protected by at least some glass.  I also have the current outside Nativity scene and the display of their original Nativity from 1953.

I hope you  enjoy them.



Inside display




Outside Display

Original Nativity Scene


from 1953


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the original Nativity Scene. However they are all beautiful.

Dusty Roads said...

I like the original one myself. I can't really explain why because the current one is certainly very beautiful too. I saw that one first as I explored the outside displays.