Search This Blog

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Final thoughts on Hawaii (for now)

Before I wrap up my stories on Hawaii, I would like to share the meaning of Aloha with you. This is printed in all the brochures so I am not sure who to credit but it appeals to me so with apologizes to whoever I should be crediting, here it is:

  • A: Akahai: kindness, expressed with tenderness
  • L: Lokahi: unity, expressed with harmony
  • O:‘Olu’olu: agreeable, expressed with pleasantness
  • H: Ha’aha’a: humility, expressed with modesty
  • A: Ahonui: patience, expressed with perseverance

ALOHA!



I know I will go back to Hawaii again. I still have 6 more islands to visit. Maui, Kauai, Molokai, Lanai, Niihau, and Kahoolawe.
Niihau & Kahoolawe offer only restricted access to visitors. Niihau is actually privately owned, but Maui, Kauai, Molokai and Lanai await as well as return trips to Hawaii & O’ahu.



No comments: