Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Coming up

I have more travels to share but since we are coming into the holiday season, I thought I’d try to cover some points of interest here in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.

Roger Williams Park Zoo has a Halloween Festival which I plan to attend and of course there’s Salem, Ma known as Witch City. I’d like to try to get there this week but we’ll have to see how the week goes.

I missed the Cranberry Festival & King Richard Faire but coming up in Carver will be the Festival of Lights in December at the Edaville Railroad.

Plus how can I ignore Plimouth Plantation with Thanksgiving right around the corner.

Other places to see and things to do might be Buttonwood Zoo, New Bedford; Capron Park Zoo, Attleboro, Franklin Park Zoo, Boston, Stone Zoo, Stoneham, the Whaling Museum, New Bedford and the many historical sites related to the revolution and our early history.

I haven’t walked the Freedom trail in a long time…probably won’t get there right away….

Or how about Old Sturbridge Village or the Boston Common & Public Gardens all decked out for the Holidays?

I’m sure I will find plenty of “local” color but as always I welcome suggestions.

I still have South Dakota to tell you all about. I think that will kick off the New Year and of course all my followers will have a front row seat while I plan my return to Sedona in May.

Also, if anyone has been on a trip and would like to “Guest Blog”, let me know. Let me share your vacation J
So lots of things to come!


 

4 comments:

J R said...

Looks like lots of fun in Downtown Disney

Anonymous said...

All makes for interesting reading and makes me want to go to Ma. to see more of these things that are on your doorstep.

Dusty Roads said...

That great photo was supplied by my BFF Joe who was walking around downtown Disney with me. It was alot of fun.

Dusty Roads said...

The hard part is choosing which thisngs to do and then squeezing it all in! It will be fun trying.