Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Zoo Atlanta 2001

The morning after the Halloween Party, we were up and out fairly early. I wasn’t going to be here too long so Joe was trying to squeeze a lot of sightseeing into just a few days.

Today Joe and his friend Tim were taking me to see the Atlanta Zoo. Joe has known me many years and knows I love animals, all kinds of animals so he thought the Zoo would be a good place to visit. In fact, That’s probably why one of the things I try to include whenever I visit a new place is the zoo, if they have one.

One incident really stands out. We were at the gorilla enclosure and Tim made a noise. I forget now (9 years takes it’s toll on memory) what it was but I think he clapped his hands. Anyway, immediately after he did that one of the juveniles looked up and did the same thing back! I’ve never seen that happen except in trained animal shows. We were all really excited about it.

Zoo Atlanta was one of the few zoos with Pandas at that time so we had to see that exhibit. And Tim felt he had to wrestle the monitor Lizard outside the reptile exhibit. (A sculpture of course).


We saw it all, Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh My, ending with the carousel.

What a great time!
 

No comments: