Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Halloween Georgia 2001

In yesterday’s post I said we skipped the laser show and I couldn’t remember why. Well, I remember now. We had another commitment for that night. This being the end of October, there was a Halloween party that we were invited to attend. I scrambled around to get a costume and we headed off to celebrate Halloween, Georgia Style.

Some of the costumes were amazing! I think my favorite was the jelly fish costume. They took a wide brimmed hat (This is after all Georgia) and attached streamers of bubble wrap and some small battery operated strings of lights. She dressed in a silver dress and that was her costume. The only picture I have has her bubble wrap pulled aside so we can see her face but use your imagination. Very original Idea!

There was also a “baby” being carried by his mother in a back pack. This was really interesting because the person in the costume had the baby clothes on his top half and a rag doll for the mother in front but his bottom half was the bottom of the mother so it was 1 person but the illusion was of 2. Again, outstandingly original!

The evening ended with us sipping drinks on the back porch surrounded by pumpkins and fall harvest displays. A great night.

In case you are wondering, I was a bumble bee and the costume still gets used, even after 9 years !

Still  more Atlanta to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still dress up on Halloween?? Looks like fun, However, I prefer the quiet side of life. I had my loud parties. :-)

Dusty Roads said...

We even have costume parties at work most years. I'm just a big kid. However I do refrain from trick or treating.