Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Atlanta, Georgia Home of the Braves

A day in the life of a Baseball Mascot.

Once again I am going to take a trip down memory lane. It doesn’t seem possible but it’s back to the year 2001. It is now October of 2001 and my friend Joe that was in Key West is now in Atlanta., Georgia and I am taking a quick trip down to visit.

Joe was working for the Atlanta Braves at the time so for my first day in Atlanta, I followed Homer the Atlanta Braves Mascot around at a promotional event. It was a beautiful day and a lot of fun. I’m just glad I didn’t have to be in the Homer costume because it was plenty warm without it. I’ve played the Easter Bunny and Kermit the Frog and those costumes get really hot inside!



I was just a Big Kid...loved Homer
 The kids just loved seeing Homer and it seemed to be a successful day.



Now being from the Boston area, I wonder who I need to speak to for a day with Wally, the Red Sox Mascot?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just seem to have the most fun when you travel. Nice pics.

Dusty Roads said...

I spent so many years just working and not having fun that now I don't let anything get in the way! I'm lucky to have friends that are either doing interesting things or know others who are and that helps create these opportunities.