Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Orlando Florida

Hello from Sunny Florida. Today was supposed to be a “down day”. I didn’t want to commit to too much because my friend from Georgia was driving down and I wasn’t sure what time he would arrive. Turned out he got here 15 minutes before the Time Share “owners” meeting so I got to show him to his room before running back to my session.

Although I’m in no position to buy anything at this time, it was good to hear the presentation and get caught up on the changes that have been implemented since Diamond Resorts International took over Sunterra. Sounds like more good things are coming too.

After the meeting I went for a walk with my camera and caught up with some more wild birds. That Great Blue Heron was still hanging around or at least I’m guessing it’s the same one.
Then I headed for he pool. My friend had a job interview so he had headed right off to that and expected to be gone for a couple of hours. I hope it goes well for him.

The pool area wasn’t too busy. I first settled near the center but there were a ton of “love bugs” so I went down to the far end where the hot tub is located. The water seemed really cold at first but it was probably because I was so warm after my walk. After the refreshing dip I snoozed on the lounge for awhile, when one of the security team walked by I asked him about the bugs. He’s the one who said they were “love bugs” because they are always having sex. He’s right about them always being attached in twos!

My friend got back from his interview and found me still by the pool. He felt the interview went well so we headed out to The Disney Boardwalk to celebrate. We walked the whole concourse and had a snack at The Rainforest Café. As we strolled along we took our time and enjoyed the vendors and street musicians and even an Irish Step dancer.

We took the water taxi back to the “town square” and headed back to the condo so JR could get some rest. We figured we’d go back for dinner around 8pm. Truthfully, I hope he just sleeps through because I’m worn out and would be happy to stay in tonight but I can play it by ear. We still have St Augustine and Universal Studios to do before the week is out. So I can see a very full schedule in my future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Joe I said Hello. Rainforest Cafe now I have not been to one of those in years. Love the pictures. I see your enjoying your self. That is a plus.

Dusty Roads said...

There's another restaurant by the same company...T Rex..same idea just dinos instead of parrots and monkeys. I'll tell Joe you said Hi