Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My First Time

Hello everyone
I am new to the blogging world and feel certain that I will have a lot to learn about this form of communication. It took me forever to try Facebook so this is quite a jump for me. To say I'm a little nervous about sharing my thoughts would be an understatement.

Anyway, since today is my first ever blog post I thought I'd outline what I hope to be sharing with you all in this space. My main reason for trying blogging is to talk about the trips that I've taken and future trips that I hope to take. I never traveled much because I was too busy working or didn't have the money or no one was available to go with me or  some other reason. As I've gotten older I've come to realize that I was always able to find an excuse NOT to do something instead of a reason to DO something. So a couple of years ago I bought a timeshare. Probably not the smartest investment I could have made but it kind of forced me to take vacations. I hate the thought of having something that cost me money and still costs money in the form of annual maitenance fees, and not use it. That's like throwing money away. And I don't know about you, but I don't have any money to waste these days.

So I use it. Just about every year or I save the points or borrow points to cover the trips. So far it has allowed me to go to Hawaii... twice. Once to the Big Island and once to Oahu. Still on my travel list..Maui. I've also been to Sedona and the Grand Canyon and Cape Cod, all thanks to that Timeshare.

Well, I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy a timeshare. They work for some and not for others and in todays economic world there are loads of travel deals that rival what you can do with the time share. For
example, I went to South Dakota recently. There weren't any timeshare exchanges near where I wanted to go so I used  a web site to look for packages and found a super package.  Roundtrip airfare, hotel and rental car...cheap! But (and this turned out to be a big but) without the perk of a kitchen, like I get in my time share condo, we had to eat all three meals out everyday  and that really added up.  You see, I still fret about money when I travel. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Anyway, I hope to tell you about these trips and share some pictures, as well as what I liked and what I could do different if I go again and share new trips as they come up.

I hope you'll share you travel stories and suggestions as well.

I guess that's all for my first ever blog post. I hope you enjoy and wish you all Happy Travels!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis don't forget about Alaska. We have do that in 2012. I like the picture but the one with the flower in his mouth is much nicer. I will check this again keeps me informed without asking. LOL

Dusty Roads said...

Hi Sandy..thanks for leaving the first comment. Of course Alaska is on the agenda for 2012, unless the end of the world happens then like the Mayans predict.And Sedona next year!Do you want to go horseback riding While we're out there?

RoxyT said...

Very nice first post. Thank embarking on this blogging journey. I've come to enjoy reading your blog very much.